The protective device that is known to secure the mouth, teeth, and gums from injuries and damages when playing contact sports is called mouth guard. It is a removable oral appliance made from a certain material, usually thermoplastic, and is often available over-the-counter or at the dentist.
At Roseville Topsmiles, we customize quality mouth guards for patients who are into sports and tailor night guards for those who suffer from bruxism. These two oral devices are necessary to protect the mouth and other oral structure. Our dentist makes sure that both mouth guards and night guards are fitted perfectly to the wearer’s mouth, stabilizing them so they won’t easily fall off. Moreover, Roseville Topsmiles ensures patients that they are getting more of what they are paying.
If you already own a mouth guard or you are about to invest to such, here are things to keep in mind:
- Mouth guards should always be worn not just during the game but when practicing as well.
- The oral device can collect thousands of bacteria and unwanted particles, so it is mandatory to clean the mouth guard after each use. You may gently scrub it with a regular toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Be particular with the condition of your mouth guard. If you notice any holes or tears, replace it with a new one to avoid loose teeth protector or gum and teeth irritations.
- Remember to take out the oral appliance from your mouth when eating to get rid of potential damage.
- Opt for cold water rather than hot to prevent the oral appliance from getting distorted or warped.
- If you happen to have any removable devices in the mouth such as retainers, dentures, or bridges, it is better to eliminate them before placing the mouth guard.
- Ask the dentist for a colored mouth guard as clear teeth protector may not be found right away in the field once lost.
You may take the mouth guard with you every time you comply with your regular checkups for the dental professional to evaluate the state of the oral device. Often, our dentist at Roseville Topsmiles recommends replacing the teeth protector if any defects are present to maintain its function.
For more information about Mouth Guards in Roseville, CA, be sure to contact Roseville Topsmiles today. Our entire team looks forward to meeting you in person and helping you achieve the best possible dental health results.